To help children and their care-providers (teachers, parents, foster parents, other caring adults) learn the skills and develop the relationships for success in school, at home and in the community.
Principles & Values
- Caring and compassion for each person.
- Faith in each person’s capacity for change, growth and healing.
- Expertise, experience and organizational depth.
- Commitment to accountability and excellence.
- Teaching and Learning through supportive relationships.
We fulfill our commitments and operate with honesty, fairness and trust.
We are a dynamic, vibrant, proactive organization.
We do whatever it takes to make a positive difference.
We maximize staff, volunteer, financial, technical and time resources to deliver quality services.
We provide services that achieve positive results and demonstrated outcomes.
We honor diverse perspectives and viewpoints.
We embrace the Teaching-Family Model and its cutting edge ability for beneficial change. HAP staff are experienced and exceptional.
We believe in family and in family-style supportive relationships. These relationships are vital for understanding and growth.
We teach and learn. Teaching and Learning are our foundation.